The Harrisburg Presbyterian Church Child Development Center was called to be a ministry of the Harrisburg Presbyterian Church on July 24, 1977. The center operated out of the church basement until it moved into its new facility at 220 Oakley Drive in February 2002.
We strive to meet the individual needs of every child enrolled. Our school offers a loving, supportive, and secure Christian atmosphere where children learn through play while creating good self-image. Our environment stimulates imagination and creativity.
OBJECTIVES, PURPOSE AND GOALS OF THE CENTER
- To create an atmosphere in which the child can be happy because he/she feels secure, loved and wanted.
- To help the child feel independent with experiences that create a desire to understand and live intelligibly within his/her environment.
- To provide opportunities for self-expression, investigation and experimentation in creative ways that help the child in relating to his/her world.
- To provide situation in which the child can achieve and build self-confidence; to become aware of his/her abilities is one of the aspects of sturdy growth.
- To provide experiences which will satisfy the children’s desire for knowledge; to help him/her behave in a manner that is appropriate for a responsible preschooler.
- To maintain a balanced program of active and quiet work that will teach the child to be responsible for self while being aware of things around him/her.
- To provide a helpful and pleasant place for children before and after school.
Harrisburg Presbyterian Church Child Development Center
220 Oakley Drive
Harrisburg, NC 28075
Serving children ages 2 – 12